Saturday, January 15, 2011

Reproduction Vintage Locker Baskets-tutorial

I adore the look of vintage locker baskets.
But I have never seen them in Las Vegas.
 I've looked at buying them online, but when you add shipping costs it gets pricey.


So I was pretty excited when I found these at Homegoods.
The colors were all wrong though (unless you wanted them for Christmas decor :).
Time to get out my paints!


How do you like me now?


First I sprayed them with Krylon gray primer.
Next I watered down some acrylic paint, Folk Art brand, color Dove Gray.
I brushed it on and then wiped some off with a dry paper towel.
Finally I brushed on some Minwax stain in Dark Walnut, then quickly wiped it off with a damp paper towel.
(Let each application dry before adding the next.)


I think they look like the real thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment