Friday, June 10, 2011

fabric covered mats


It's a wrap

Wrapping mats in fabric or paper is one of my favorite tricks for drawing more attention to artwork or freshening up an outdated mat.  With the artwork for our bedroom in mind, I hit pinterest looking for some inspiration:
wrapped in scrapbook paper
maps - love this! 
mixing up neutral fabrics adds interest, but keeps the look cohesive
 bold patterns!

And after finding all these beautiful, interesting choices online, I ended up using what I had.  {I probably realized I would do this before wasting all that time searching for ideas, but pinterest is addicting!}  

I started out with two thrifted frames with gosh-awful mats (think primary colors and bold, circus-like patterns).  Then I just followed Martha's instructions (loosely) and thirty minutes later ended up with my finished product.
still needs finishing touches as per these plans.....

Two of our favorite wedding photos - the church where we were married and an amazing shot our photographer captured of us leaving after the ceremony.

Wrapping the mats in fabric was super easy and definitely an improvement on the previous look.  It's a great {inexpensive} way to change up the look of artwork.  

No comments:

Post a Comment