Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shutter headboard


SYTYCD Week 3 "OLD"Headboard

For this week's category "old", I wanted to show the headboard I made using a vintage settee and vintage closet doors.
P1020699c
The cost of the entire project was around $10.00 dollars, $6.00 for molding, $3.00 for settee, free closet doors, free scrap molding and leftover house paint.
P1010922
P1010915
This is what the doors and the settee looked like before they were transformed into the headboard.
I used the back and the arms of the settee for the top pieces.
I used several paint colors to achieve an old weathered paint look. I scraped away some of the paint in certain areas using a putty knife, revealing the underlying paint color.
P1010918


This is how it looks in my newly decorated bedroom, I made all the pillows, using new and vintage fabric and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
P1020703a

No comments:

Post a Comment