Wednesday, April 21, 2010

They are super easy to make and rather inexpensive. I purchased 1/4” grosgrain ribbon and 3/16” dowel rod. I wet the ribbon and tightly wrapped it around the dowel rod using a wooden clothespin on the ends to hold the ribbon in palce.IMG_1934I baked it at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. After it cooled I pulled it off the dowel rod and cut it into little korkers.

At this point take a lighter to each end to singe it so it won’t unravel.IMG_1935

I took about 8 of the cut korkers (mix and match colors or use all the same) and stacked them together and tied some thread around the middle of them.

IMG_1938Then I hot glued some ribbon to an alligator clip (this step isn’t necessary - I just like the finished look).

IMG_1939Hot glue the korker bow in the middle of the ribbon wrapped alligator clip…

IMG_1940Cut a small scrap of ribbon to wrap around the middle…

IMG_1941Hot glue in place wrapping the ribbon under the top of the alligator clip…

IMG_1942Then clip them in your little girl’s hair. Adorable on little piggies!


1 comment:

  1. Wow Julie! Awesome tutorial- I will definitely have to try this one for our future little piggy (: Great pictures and simple explanation.

    ReplyDelete