Tuesday, November 30, 2010


paint colors
Paint is good. It is inexpensive, easy to apply and can transform any room in a matter of hours. We like to paint and find ourselves repainting rooms often. I thought I’d share some of the colors we currently have in our home. They are neutrals {no surprise there} and they go with everything, but be sure to try out a sample in your home to see how the color looks in different light.
T H E   E N T I R E   H O U S E
Our home was painted from top to bottom in a great neutral wheat/gray/beige by Rodda {HFH09 – relaxed khaki}. This is the color that is in our entry, the base coat of my office and the stripes in the boys’ room. However, I can’t find a sample online and I believe Rodda is only found in the Pacific Northwest, so here are some comparable ones I found by holding up my Benjamin Moore {BM} fan deck to my walls.
image
BM hazy skies {OC-48}
image
BM grant beige {HC-83}
T H E   D I N I N G   R O O M
image
BM berkshire beige {AC-2}
T H E    K I T C H E N
This is the color on the top of the walls.
image
BM texas leather {AC-3}
T H E   L I V I N G    R O O M
Our walls have been this gray-blue for the past few years
image
farrow & ball light blue
but we’ve just repainted the room with this new color
image
restoration hardware slate
T H E   N U R S E R Y
This is a soft blue-gray that doesn’t really look like this swatch on the walls. Sorry about that. It is a bit lighter and softer in real life.
image
Behr rhino {710E-3}
It is pretty similar to the ever-popular Silver Sage from Restoration Hardware
image
restoration hardware silver sage
The bed & shelves in the nursery are painted this sludgy gray-blue-green {also not very well-represented by this image}
image
Sherwin Williams rushing river {SW2093}
Need a few more suggestions? Here are a couple of pretty ones:
image
BM revere pewter {HC-172}
image
farrow & ball mouse’s back
** NOTE: while you can never get the color to match perfectly, we typically have the paint swatches color matched at our local hardware store. It is not the fanciest paint, but seems to do the trick **

No comments:

Post a Comment