Saturday, July 17, 2010

HORIZONTAL PAINTED WALL STRIPES


Painting stripes



I got an email asking how to paint stripes on walls after seeing my parents bathroom re-design. All you need is a laser level, frog tape, and paint. It's a little tedious but a lot cheaper than wallpaper.

I'm including photos of my brother's bedroom from a few years ago. He told me he wanted me to design his room but he wanted no color and something cool on the wall. I thought maybe a racing stripe or two. He also stressed that he wanted it to be modern and not pretty because he's a man, haha.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't know about frog tape when I started my brother's room. Frog tape is soooo much better than blue painter's tape. There is NO bleeding, it's the best ever when adding a painted graphic to a wall. Its a little more expensive, but it's worth not having to go back and touch everything up by hand.

Be sure to measure out the size of the stripes you want and place them evenly on the wall. Draw a sketch to see if you like it. A laser level is important because who wants a crooked stripe?! Plus it shoots across the whole wall so you don't have to worry about veering up or down. Tape up the stripes and paint, it's that easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment