Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Louvered door hall tree


Hall Tree


I have a very narrow hallway and not much of a foyer. Sadly I didn't have much of a foyer in my last house either. This was what I came up with so I would have something by the door that wouldn't take up a lot of room. Tall and slender. Oh, if only I were the same. It got a little beat up on the trip down here. Hey, people pay good money for these dents and dings. They blend nicely with the old crackled and chipped corbels.
I used an old louvered bifold door and some corbels that my sister had given me. I attached a shelf on top and hubby added the crown and base molding. Then I just got a couple of hooks and added the antique mirror. The mirror is hung on screws and the ribbon is just added to a knob for looks, it has no weight on it. And I can switch it out whenever. It is a very hard space to photograph. Not much light so the colors are tad bit off.

No comments:

Post a Comment